Monday, January 03, 2011

What is your IRONMAN?

I'm sure many of you are sick of reading the 2010 year in reviews. Please forgive me ~here goes one more.

I started 2010 with one main goal in mind: getting through Ironman Florida and the training injury free. While I was a little disappointed in my marathon split at IM FL, deep down I'm just happy I was able to go from starting 2010 like this:
To ending it like this:
Vast difference eh?

I think we all get too caught up in times, places, splits, and what others are doing. The real part of becoming an Ironman and even being a triathlete is so much more than that. Becoming an Ironman is about the journey. It's about denying odds. It's about digging down deeper than you ever have before. It's believing in yourself when doctors, friends, and family say you can't. It's saying F-U to doubt and every negative thought that enters your mind.

Whether your training for your first 5k, fighting an illness, or placing top 10 in Kona, I believe everyone has their own Ironman. Each one differs. Each one is its own fight. How hard are you willing to fight?

2011 is a new year for me. I know my body can handle so much more. I know I can become that much faster.

What is your IRONMAN for 2011?

For now I'll leave you with this- This is part of my journey to Ironman Florida compliments of my rock star photographer! (thanx mom)




Happy 2011!

9 comments:

  1. Great post... so so so true!

    I don't know your training injury story so I'm going to have to stalk your old posts lol.

    Good luck with NOLA training and no more tequila... I'm on the same boat training with CA 70.3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TriAngel, without words!!

    Congratulations you are awsome!!

    Best for 2011!!

    ¨XTB¨Xavi.
    www.bcndragons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video! IM is such a journey isn't it? Here's to many more in 2011!! Oh and yes, that was an old Warriors jersey that Chad was wearing. It was so classic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great video! I love all the photos!

    Here's to a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow heidi, i didnt know about your accident, so i went back to read it. you are such an inspiration. yay for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the video! In fact I may have to do that too :) Either way! you are awesome and you are SO right about what Ironman really is about. None of us know what that day will bring but getting through the training ALONE is such a big deal!! It is a wonderful thing to cross that line - first place or last place! Doesn't really matter!! You did it H! Can't wait to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and I can't imagine any triathlete getting bored of stories of overcoming obstacles, pushing limits, succeeding and achieving dreams! Thank you for sharing and I love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the photos! Your mom took some awesome pictures!

    You totally rocked IMFL - I'm sure you can't wait to do it again :) I'm still trying to figure out my IM for 2011 ;)

    ReplyDelete