Monday, May 18, 2009

tomorrow determines my fate

Although I began PT school with the notion I would be making a 3-year commitment essentially away from Scott, I'm determined to shave a year off. Our entire last year is spent serving as free labor to the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC). While there is a stipend, pay per hour equates to about 7 dollars. Yeah $7/hr for a doctorate student who also paying 30K tuition a year. How does that make sense? We technically have to stay within the UPMC system for all of our clinicals which= stuck in Western Pennsylvania. Me however-I'm trying to get out :)

Tomorrow I'm meeting with my clinical director to determine if I will be able to fulfill my responsibilities over the summer in the oh-so-fabulous-skilled-nursing-facility. Call me selfish, but I refuse to hurt myself trying to move some old, fat person given my damaged state. If I get hurt I will end up paying out of pocket. Not worth it! Getting my summer clinical changed however, is not my main agenda. It did however get my foot in the door~

Spending my third year with Scott is. After the first issue is addressed, I plan on tossing my idea out there. It's been done in the past on occasion. NOLA here I come :) Who can say no to a girl on crutches? Yeah I am a little desperate! I'm pulling ALL cards.

Anyone in a long distance relationship or in the military knows a year away from your significant other is excruciatingly painful. I'm determined to end my misery-early at least!

Honestly though- I'm a little afraid. Actually very afraid. The directory is bipolar and maybe even a little crazy. I'm praying tomorrow is one of her "good" days. Either way tomorrow is a big day and I have to get a "yes" from my director for my sanity's sake. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good luck today! And yes, pull the 'injured' card :) Why is it that all directors are alittle crazy? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete