Monday, March 02, 2009

Whoah-Half Way There!

Midterms are all OVER! Yippee (sigh of relief). This semester has been flying by like crazy and I'm so thankful it's half over. It's comforting to know that this is my hardest semester in PT school and I'm almost through the worst of it.

I knew PT school would be hard but I never thought it would be this hard. I guess Pitt has to try to uphold their #2 reputation and they intentionally try to make it way harder than it needs to be. But what's something worth if you don't have to work for it right?

And more good news: I might be able to spend my year long DPT clinical wherever Scott is.... I have to wait until I find out where we are going next before I try to do any bargaining.

Otherwise I get stuck in the UPMC cult. Although UPMC pays us a stipend for our year long clinical -it comes out to around $7 an hour. Yes my friends a measly SEVEN dollars and hour and still have to pay tuition for that year. UPMC, which is Pittsburgh's supposedly world renowned health care system gets about 65 free physical therapists for an entire year. A little messed up right? Sounds like cheap labor to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment