Monday, February 16, 2009

Night at the circus

Mondays are always my long days with class 8-6.... I survived yet another one and am almost half way through the semester since I have midterms coming up these next couple weeks... Yah! The semester from hell is almost half over!

Luckily today we had an hour and a half break between my last couple classes and I was able to sneak in my run. Although it was definitely pretty brisk, it felt fabulous to run outside and feel the cold breeze on my cheeks.

After my last research class I headed to the circus or should I say the pool.... Definitely quite a different scenario from what I'm used to. Almost every lane had three people and of course-not all of them were swimming.... There were the usual giggly freshman girls splashing around doing no swimming and playing with some kickboards, the classic doggie paddlers, the white-trash couple practically making out in one lane (definitely NO swimming), and my favorite: a little asian guy standing on the pool deck with his hands on his hips doing hula-hooping exercises for like a half hour.

Luckily a nice girl invited me to circle swim in her lane and I didn't have to wait too long. Very entertaining night to say the least~

2 comments:

  1. Where do you swim my dear! Not that I don't have the same things sometimes. Kids like to drop pennies in my lane or hit me with noodles which always makes for lots of fun while trying to hit my pace! I hope you are doing well! Congrats on making it through another Monday! I've been meaning to ask you if you have ever been to the Banff Film Festival. It's in April on Easter weekend. You would love it. Facebook me for details or something if you want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE when someone FINALLY invites you to share the lane! Sounds like a circus for sure! Hey, your profile pic is totally Waikiki! What the heck are you doing in the cold state, get back out here!

    ReplyDelete