Saturday, January 24, 2009

Challenges

This week has been a difficult one for me posing many challenges. I'm trying to be more positive about things and almost didn't even want to write this. But realistically it's probably healthier for me to just get it all out.

This week I've been commuting to PT school to dog sit for my parents who are off drinking cocktails in St. Martin. I'm dog sitting and house sitting until the 28th. From my parents house, school is almost an hour commute and typically involves sitting in prime time rush hour traffic with my 8-6 class schedule. And I thought PT school was crazy enough!!!!!

With that said, this week has taken a huge toll on my academics, nutrition, sleep, training, and simply well being. Adding 2 hours a day to an already long day times 5= A REALLY LONG WEEK. Last night I was so utterly exhausted I went to bed at 8:30 p.m. I know I have an excuse but I feel like it's me "not being tough enough."

Reading my fellow triathletes blogs, most always seem to have it all together and seamlessly juggle a job, real life, and training without a hitch. I often get very jealous. Why I can't I do that? Am I lacking in perseverance, determination, or even discipline? This week I definitely felt so.

I was pretty down yesterday and angry at myself for not eating as healthy and for not getting all of my scheduled workouts in. I've been thinking through it long, hard, and deep.....

I have realized it doesn't matter what other people are doing. It matters what Heidi is doing. I should not compare myself to others. My husband Scott has been trying to teach me that for awhile and I think it's finally starting to set in. Although I had a rough week and a few more couple rough days, I need to suck it up and make the most of it. We must embrace the challenges presented to us and make the most of the circumstances....

Finally back on track~Today was an hour bike and 30 min run at race pace followed by some lifting. I shook off my bad week and am ready to tackle the next!

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one who feels that way :) But you are so right - it's all about what you are doing and what works best for you. But that two hour commute does not sound fun at all!

    hope the rest of your week gets better!!

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete