Thursday, August 09, 2012

My Favorite Nutrition Products

Can you tell I've been training for a 140.6 distance race again? Yes that is where I've been! With all of this hard training, Powerbar products have been helping me pull through. I know there are a ton of products out there but below are my 3 all time favs:

1. Power Bar gels














Why?


Nutrition Facts

Serving size 1 pk
Calories 110
Calories from fat 0 
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Amount/Serving
% DV*
Total Fat 0g
0% 
Sodium 200mg
8% 
Potassium 20mg
1% 
Amount/Serving
% DV*
Total Carb 27g
9% 
  Sugars 10g
 
Protein 0g


Compare to a similar product:


Amount Per Serving%Daily Value*
 Calories100  
    Calories from Fat 
 Total Fat0 g 0% 
    Saturated Fat0 g 0% 
 Cholesterol0 mg 0% 
 Total Carbohydrates25 g 8% 
    Sugars5 g  
    Fiber0 g 0% 
 Protein0 g 0% 
 Vitamin C 200% 
 Vitamin E 100% 
 Calcium 2% 
 Iron 0% 
 Sodium40 mg 2%


Hello sodium! When training in well above 90 deg temps with 90% humidity on a daily basis, I have to have a product that is going to deliver something with sodium. Although I love most of the flavors, I've been on a double latte, kona punch, and tangerine kick lately. I find those flavors all go down easy on the hot days in the dirty south. During my long rides, I make sure I take in one gel every 45 minutes.

2. Powerbar Energy Blasts

Why?

On my 90 mile plus days during training I rarely do solid foods. Rasberry energy blasts are usually the next best thing and go easy on my stomach. I find them to be the perfect treat after mile 60 plus. It's one of the silly things I always look forward to on my rides. Those and then maybe a redbull lol. I love grabbing a small bag to take with me on the go..... (Which really is 24-7). Maybe that is why I run out of these so fast......

3. Ironman Restore

Why?

Most importantly I love this orange flavor. Yummo. And equally as important, after those 20 hr plus training weeks a girl has to replace her glycogen stores right? After my long runs, my stomach is usually tore up from the floor up. This smooth flavor is a good fix. There is definitely more science behind it than the flavor :) Thanks to Chloe for the good recommendation....

Thank you Rev3 again for hooking us up with such an awesome product!








4 comments:

  1. that does sound pretty good. I see a lot more availability from GU products, but love seeing the powerbar gels show up in stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with the raspberry energy blasts... they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the raspberry energy blasts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Diet Taps into Revolutionary Plan to Help Dieters Lose 15 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete