I'm trying hard to get back into the blogging world. I swear. Lately, I haven't really had much to write about besides long days at work and long training hours that kick my a**. By the time I get finished with both, the last thing I feel like doing is writing about them!
Here goes my second try to get on back on the bandwagon.... Sorry if it's a bit cynical :)
I've been having a problem lately...
A big problem..... My problem has been: Leeches... cling-ons... filthy blood suckers.... pests....free-loaders...parasites...scroungers
What am I talking about you may ask?
Short description: Middle-aged male cyclists that think it's cool to to draft off of me without asking.
With my time constraints lately, I've been doing most of my riding on the Mississippi River levee which is a 25 mile-long paved bike road. It's great for speed days, intervals, and is a 5 minute bike ride from my house. Despite the convenience, it's pretty easy to draft off of people because it's flat and fast.
In the past week or so, the leeches have been swarming. Many have tried to latch their jaws onto to me. After the first occasion, I simply shook my head in disgust at their bad cycling etiquette. After the 2nd or 3rd time I dropped the leeches like a bad habit. After the 4th or 5th time, it got ugly. I may or may not have dropped a few F-bombs or so to get a leech to un-latch. And-yes it worked.
Let this be a lesson to the leeches out there....
1. It's NOT OK to draft off of a person or group without asking or being invited.
2. If you do... you =LEECH
3. If you cause somebody to crash because of your leech-er habits, you should quit cycling/triathlon all together.
4. As someone passes you going a lot faster, IT IS SUPER NOT COOL to speed up and try to latch your jaws onto them.
5. It is definitely not cool to be a SILENT leech.
6. I can feel a silent leech latch on. I'm not afraid to call you and your leech-er ways out and EMBARRASS you.
7. Last but not least, I'm 5'5 and weigh a-buck-20 and ride 650cs... Do you honestly think leeching off of me is going to get you that far?
8. Dear Mr. Leech: Please stay away......
Thanks for listening y'all! Hope this does not apply to any of you :)