Friday, February 13, 2009

Physical Therapy Research and Triathletes

I'm beginning a rather large research project for PT school and I'm trying to finalize my topic. I want to research something am interested ~hopefully related to either runners or triathletes.  As of now I'm thinking about focusing on iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS) and the incidence in runners. I might compare treatment methods like stretching, transverse friction massage, and maybe iontophoresis or maybe even ultra sound. The focus will be on treatment methods and common biomechanical faults. 

I am still in the information gathering stage but would love some input from my fellow triathletes! I haven't finalized my topic  yet but again love some ideas if you or somebody you know has been struggling with a specific injury related to running or triathlon. 

Other ideas I am possibly considering are lateral ankle sprains, low back pain, and plantar fasciatis....  I will definitely share my findings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment