Thursday, February 05, 2009

2 down 2 to go

This week was insane for me academically as I had two practicals: one in neuroscience and one in musculoskeletal plus a presentation on scleroderma. Yah! Well two tests down and two to go on Monday-both in the same classes just the written portion.

All that basically means that I have yet another weekend full of studying. Luckily I'm starting to enjoy learning about the low back and all of the issues it presents. It's quite a fascinating area as I have talked about before in my blog. Something we as triathletes should always take care of and remember to strengthen (as well as the deep core muscles: transversus abdominus, multifidus, and quadratus lumborum). Research now says that these muscles act in a feed forward manner-turning on and firing before we actually move! How crazy is that? Ok I'll stop the PT talk : )

Although most of my weekend will be spent studying (and doing my long workouts), I think I might head up to the mountains a little bit tomorrow after my morning clinical hours to do some shredding on the super pipe at seven springs. That will be my treat for studying all weekend. We all need a little escape right? Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment